Purplex Pty Ltd (ACN 051 775 556, ABN 33 051 775 556) 2004-2011
Protecting Your Privacy
Purplex Pty Ltd is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. This policy outlines how information is collected and used.
Purplex Pty Ltd
Purplex Pty Ltd provides a range of online interactive services. PIMPIN® The Game™ is owned and operated by Purplex Pty Ltd.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Purplex Pty Ltd may include your gender, real name, email address, home or business address, country of origin, age, telephone/mobile number, account password and account ID. Purplex Pty Ltd also holds details of your Purplex Pty Ltd services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. email address), Purplex Pty Ltd may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the desired level of service.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Purplex Pty Ltd (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, Purplex Pty Ltd relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Purplex Pty Ltd and to advise them that Purplex Pty Ltd can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' below).
How we collect personal information
Purplex Pty Ltd collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you submit your personal details through Purplex Pty Ltd's web sites (e.g. during PIMPIN® The Game™ account signup);
- directly from you, when you submit an SMS through the SMS ENABLED™ bid gateway;
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under 'When Purplex discloses your personal information';
- from Purplex Pty Ltd's own records of how you use your Purplex services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to Purplex Pty Ltd's services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop Purplex Pty Ltd's services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for Purplex Pty Ltd to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop Purplex Pty Ltd's business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Purplex Pty Ltd can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mai l, email, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). Purplex Pty Ltd does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Purplex Pty Ltd to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please contact privacy (see 'How to contact us' below).
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, Purplex Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Purplex Pty Ltd. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Purplex Pty Ltd providing its services to you. These organisations carry out Purplex Pty Ltd's:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
Purplex Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Purplex Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting, credit providers and fraud-checking agencies;
- Purplex Pty Ltd's related companies;
- Purplex Pty Ltd's professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage Purplex Pty Ltd's business.
Purplex's web sites
Purplex Pty Ltd provides services via its various web sites. When you visit Purplex Pty Ltd's sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Purplex Pty Ltd to improve the structure of its web sites, monitor their performance and moderate the services of its web sites.
Purplex Pty Ltd use 'cookies' on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Purplex Pty Ltd's web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Purplex Pty Ltd's web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Purplex Pty Ltd extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Purplex Pty Ltd also collects Internet addresses including Internet protocol (IP) address and Host name. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Purplex Pty Ltd collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Purplex Pty Ltd takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why Purplex Pty Ltd recommends that you:
- let Purplex Pty Ltd know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep Purplex Pty Ltd up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for security reasons (see 'How to contact us' below). Purplex Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to copyright and trademarks, contact us.
Purplex Pty Ltd Privacy Statement 2004-2011.